Finally, you have managed to fulfil your dream of owning an Xbox one controller. Woah! That’s so amazing! But wait a minute, don’t celebrate yet. Do you know how to successfully connect it? Connecting an Xbox One controller can be ahead cracker but don’t worry anymore. In this article, we are going to list down a number of ways one can use to connect an Xbox One Controller. Also, check free Xbox live codes that work
1. Use of a USB cable
Whether you are using a wireless or wired Xbox One controller, a USB cable can be used to connect it to a PC. To successful connect your PC using the USB cable, follow the steps listed below.
- If you are using a wireless controller, the first step is plugging a USB charging cable into your controller’s front as shown below. However, if you are using a wired PC, this first step may not be necessary
- The next step is followed by plugging the second end into the accurate USB port in your PC. The picture below makes it clear.
- The Xbox One Controller driver will automatically be installed in the Windows for you. if you followed the right steps, you will receive the message shown below on your screen.
This means you are free to continue enjoying your favourite games with your controller. In some instances, the process might not be successful. If that happens in your case, try to troubleshoot the problem
2. Use of a Bluetooth
The use of a Bluetooth is however limited to Bluetooth supported PCs and Bluetooth supported Xbox One controller. To connect your PC and Xbox One controller via Bluetooth, the following steps are:
- update your windows and turn on your Bluetooth by clicking on the Xbox button at the top of your controller as shown below.
- Step number two involves pressing and holding the controller bind button for a few seconds and then releasing it.
- To open the settings window, press I and the Windows logo key simultaneously then click devices.
- Click on the “Add Bluetooth or other devices” icon and proceed as shown in the diagram below.
- select Pair on your Xbox One Controller and you are done. If the above steps were followed successfully, you will be able to start enjoying your favourite games by now
3. Use of a wireless adapter
Last but not least, a wireless adapter can also be used to connect your Xbox One Controller to your PC. However, this is only possible with a wireless controller. To make this possible follow the steps given
- Plug your Xbox Wireless adapter into a PC. This is followed by pressing the button on the edge. The Xbox One Controller driver will automatically be installed by your Windows.
- Turn on the controller by pressing on the controller bind button as shown below. The LED lights on your adapter and controller will blink several times then will stop. This will indicate a successful connection.
The above methods are tested and proven to be true. You can never go wrong with either of them as long as you follow those steps as indicated.