Delicious West Javanese Liwet Rice Recipe
The recipe for liwet rice native to West Java is sought after today. Not without reason, this recipe has a peculiar taste with its unique flavor. If you are visiting West Java, of course this is a must try dish.
West Java Liwet rice has a different taste than liwet rice from other regions. In addition to being concentrated with spices, this Sundanese batter rice has special properties. Among them are vegetables.
The majority of Sundanese living in West Java have a habit of consuming raw vegetables while eating. This also applies when cooking batter rice dishes. In fact, the raw vegetables put into this batter rice are much more complete.
Not only that, but there are other menus that are often combined with this West Java liwet rice recipe. Among them are tempeh and fried tofu, fried cabbage, fried chicken, eggs, salted fish, anchovies, and the most obligatory is sambal goang.
Things to Prepare Before Making Sunda Liwet Rice
In this first step, of course, the first thing you need to prepare is the equipment. Speaking of liwet rice, you actually need to cook it using Sundanese-style ‘hawu’ . This Hawu is like an oven. Fuel uses wood.
However, since this hawu is not easy to prepare, you can also make liwet rice using mejikom or a regular stove. In fact, although the use of Mejikom slightly changes the taste of liwet, the method is a little easier.
In addition, you need to prepare the ingredients needed to make the batter rice itself. Stay calm because it is not at all difficult for you to find these materials. Just look for it at the nearest stalls in their area.
If the materials are ready, you just need to prepare other necessary equipment. Then we can continue the discussion of this West Java liwet rice recipe.
Materials Required to Make Liwet Rice
The ingredients needed to make this batter rice are not very complicated. But what makes it crowded is another type of complementary menu that is usually served during the liwetan event itself. What are the ingredients? See the description below:
- 500 grams of rice
- Shallots cleanses 7 cloves peel
- Bay leaf 4 pcs., wash well
- Lemongrass 4 sticks as a sweetener, geprek to spread a fragrant odor
- Salt to taste
- Salted fish or anchovies 150 grams
- Fresh water 1200 ml
Make sure all components are clean and hygienic. If you prepare all these ingredients, then we just have to do the process of making this West Java liwet rice recipe yourself.
How to Make Sunda Liwet Rice
If you have prepared these materials , we can proceed to the production stage. The first thing that should be considered in the making of any dish is the cleanliness of the materials to be processed. Basically, eating is a source of energy for us to do activities.
In addition to materials, make sure that all equipment is in hygienic condition. If you have confirmed the two things mentioned above, the next action is to follow these steps:
- Wash the rice you have prepared until it is completely cleaned, put it in a saucepan of the appropriate size (if you are using an oven or stove)
- If you want to use mejikom, of course, rice is also included in mejikom in the appropriate size.
- Add water to the rice up to 1.5 or 2 finger segments.
- Put all the pre-prepared spices in the rice
- Mix well
- Turn on your stove, oven or mejikom. wait up to 45 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove the rice and pour it into place.
People from Sundan often pour this batter rice into banana leaves so that the aroma is maximized. So the fragrant aroma of rice mixes with the fresh aroma of banana leaves. This will increase your appetite.
Using a composition of components, as we described above, batter rice is more or less enough for a medium-sized portion for 7 individuals. However, to maximize the taste, it is also necessary to choose a dish that complements other West Javanese liwet rice recipes.
West Java Liwet Rice Complementary Menu
Of course, there are many complementary menus of West Java liwet rice that you can choose from right now . However, there are several menus among which are considered mandatory menus. Of course, you do not need to doubt its taste.
Especially if consumed with batter rice, which is still hot. Of course, the taste will be much tastier. So what are the complementary menus of the West Java liwet rice recipe? Right after the bat, here is the choice
- Fried Tempeh
The first dish that you can choose as a complement is fried tempeh. This single menu has an indisputable taste. The nutrient content in it is also very high. This menu is perfect for you to serve with liwet rice.
- tempeh 1 block, sliced by size according to your individual taste
- Cooking oil to taste
- garlic 2 cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of coriander
- To taste chicken broth
- Mix all the spices you have First mash and then mix with enough water.
- Soak the tempeh slices that you have sipped inside. Just leave it on for about 10 minutes. Drain one by one.
- Heat the cooking oil, fry the tempeh you have sliced until it is yellowish and cooked.
- Fried Chicken
In addition to fried tempeh, fried chicken can also be a complementary dish to the West Java liwet rice recipe to choose from . You can follow the description below for its creation:
Table of contentsutama:
- Chicken meat 500 gr, cut into sizes to taste each of them.
- Cooking oil to taste
Fine spicy ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- To taste powdered chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon of coriander
- Pecan 2 pcs
- garlic 3 cloves
- Turmeric 4 cm
- Wash the pieces of chicken you have prepared
- Puree all the spices, then sauté over medium heat until a new fragrant emerges.
- Add clean water to the frying seasoning you have made .
- Put the chicken meat to fry
- Eat chicken meat and spices for 15 minutes to brew.
- When finished, fry the chicken meat one by one until it enters the color of kecok elatan.
- When you’re done, serve.
- Sambal Goang
Another menu that complements the West Java liwet rice recipe is sambal goang. This dish is considered a mandatory meal. Follow these steps until you are done with the how-to.
- red hot pepper 10 pcs only
- garlic 1 clove, clean the peel
- Pee 1 internode, peel the bark
- Salt to taste
- hot oil
- Combine all the ingredients, ulek until it resembles a pepper sauce. It doesn’t have to be too precise, just adjust it to taste.
- Heat the pre-prepared cooking oil. When it’s hot, make a splash in the pepper sauce you made. We guarantee that if left only in the rough cond i the taste will come out a lot.
To maximize the result, be sure to follow all the steps we described above in order. Don’t get it wrong or upside down when doing this. If you do this well, of course, the taste and complementary menu of the West Java liwet rice recipe will be maximized.